Clark Planetarium's space exploration-themed building is a unique and spacious facility capable of entertaining up to 900 guests. With the Northrop Grumman IMAX 3D Theatre, Hansen Dome Theatre, classroom and 10,000 square feet of exhibits, the planetarium is your choice for out-of-this-world events!
For rental rates or date availability, email email@example.com.
Northrop Grumman IMAX Theatre
(IMAX theatre buy-out rates)
With a 70′ wide, 5-story high screen and seating for 288, your guests will be launched into space while viewing a 3D IMAX film. The Northrop Grumman IMAX Theatre at Clark Planetarium features a 14,000-watt, 6-channel, digital surround sound system for an auditory experience second to none. Most of the speakers are positioned behind the five-story high screen, which is perforated with millions of tiny holes. In this way, sound can come at the audience from the film itself. Clark Planetarium offers a wide selection of films to meet the needs of any group.
- Capacity: 288
- Friday and Saturday: $1,500 per hour + tax (includes one show)
- Sunday – Thursday: $1,200 per hour + tax (includes one show)
- Early morning, before 11:00 am: $500 per hour (does not include film)
- Theatre rental includes Mezzanine
Hansen Dome Theatre
(Dome theatre buy-out rates)
The Hansen Dome Theatre houses a 55-foot, 178-seat planetarium with a state-of-the-art Digistar6 projection system, manufactured by Utah-based Evans and Sutherland Computer Corp. Digistar6 uses multiple high-definition video projectors at the base of the dome to display a larger-than-life seamless image, without additional display equipment, and without a projection area in the middle of the theater. A small staging area at the front of the theatre can be used for live presentations and special events.
- Capacity: 178
- Friday and Saturday: $900 per hour + tax (includes one show)
- Sunday – Thursday: $600 per hour + tax (includes one show)
- Early morning, before 11:00 am: $300 per hour (does not include film)
Third Floor Exhibit Spaces
Enjoy your next event among the planets and beyond. The 3rd floor exhibit area offers an open space on the third floor separated from the rest of the Planetarium. There is plenty of open space for wedding receptions, business meetings, parties and reunions. Interactive exhibits are spread throughout the area to make any event fun and educational. The 3rd floor exhibit area also serves as the entrance to the Hansen Dome Theatre.
- Capacity: Dinner 140, Reception 200
- Friday and Saturday: $1,000 per hour
- Sunday through Thursday: $500 per hour
- Inquire for customized options
First Floor Exhibit Space
The first floor exhibit stage is an ideal location for smaller groups looking for a unique venue to hold a dinner or reception. Groups will enjoy hands-on exhibits that explore Earth, the Moon and the Planetarium's meteorite collection.
- Capacity: Dinner 60, Reception 80
- Friday and Saturday: $500 per hour
- Sunday - Thursday: $250 per hour
For small meetings and gathering, the Classroom is an ideal space. This room features AV options, including a screen and projector.
- Capacity: 30
- Friday and Saturday: $125 per hour
- Sunday - Thursday: $75 per hour
Full Building, Including Theatres
A full building rental includes your choice of current dome or IMAX documentary shows. The building is closed to the public during the event so you can enjoy all that the planetarium has to offer, including the 10,000 square feet of hands-on, brains-on exhibit space. The Guest Relations staff will be on hand to assist you with anything you might need.
- Capacity: Dinner 500, Reception, 1,000
- Friday and Saturday: $9000 per 4-hour block + tax
- Sunday - Thursday: $7000 per 4-hour block + tax
Approved Caterer List
Brown Brothers Catering
Contact: Liesl and Tony Black 801-607-1891
Contact: Abby Radtke 801-268-2332
Contact: Kaleb Craft 801-225-6575
Good Day Bakery & Catering
Contact: Amanda Miller 801-532-7829
Have Party Will Travel
Contact: Abby Small 801-269-8400
Contact: Kendra DeLaughter 801-466-2537