Millcreek Map & Trail Brochure
In partnership with the U.S. Forest Service, Salt Lake County Parks and Recreation manages reservations for the 10 group picnic areas and winter yurt in Millcreek Canyon.
The winter gates close to vehicular traffic (not foot traffic) November 1 and reopen in late spring, weather and road condition permitting.
Reservations for County park pavilions can be made beginning the first business day each January, with the exception of Sugar House Park (see details below).
Pavilions may be reserved for dates between May 1 through September 30. Reservations are not accepted on the following holidays:
Reservations can be made online or in-person for Salt Lake County park pavilions, Sugar House Park, and Millcreek Canyon group picnic sites. To make a reservation in person, visit the SLCo Parks office at 6332 S. Airport Road, West Jordan.
Go to Salt Lake County Parks ActivityReg to view availability, pavilion rates*, and to make reservations.
For more information as well as special event inquiries, please contact Salt Lake County Park Operations at (385) 468-7275.
County parks also takes reservations for Sugar House Park which is managed by the Sugar House Park Authority.
Pavilion reservation fees are $90 per half-day and $130 per full day. All reservations are non-refundable.
1. You must already have or set up an account based upon an e-mail address in order to make a reservation.
2. If you have made a reservation with us before, it is likely that you already have an account. Click on View Account. Enter your email address and then choose reset password. If you do already have an account, the password reset will be sent to your email. If there isn’t an account under the email that you entered, it will indicate that the email does not exist in the system and you will need to click on Create New Account.
3. Under Registration on the top toolbar, select the “Reserve Park or Facility” tab to view information about park pavilions. Then click the “Check Availability and Reserve” tab to make a reservation.
4. If you would like to reserve for the HALF DAY TIME BLOCK (8:00 am to 2:00 pm OR 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm), be certain to check the correct box for the time block you would like.
5. If you would like to reserve the FULL DAY TIME BLOCK (8:00 am to 10:00 pm), be certain to check both boxes.
6. Make sure that the correct amount due is showing for either a HALF DAY RESERVATION or a FULL DAY RESERVATION. If the amount is incorrect, you must go back and correct your reservation time.
In a partnership with the U.S. Forest Service, the Salt Lake County Parks Office takes reservations for group picnic areas and a winter yurt in Millcreek Canyon.
For more information, visit the Millcreek Canyon Reservations page.