How to Apply
You can apply for a marriage license online or appear in person in the Clerk's Office to complete the marriage license application with both parties present, valid driver's license or identification, and pay the license fee of $50.00 by cash, check, money order, MasterCard, AMEX, or Visa.
- Marriage license applications must be printed on white 8 1/2 X 11 paper.
- The license fee is non-refundable and includes two certified copies.
Where to Apply
Salt Lake County Clerk, Marriage License Division
2001 South State Street Suite S2 200
PO Box 144575
Salt Lake City, UT 84114-4575
Hours: Weekdays 8 am - 5 pm (closed on official Utah state holidays and weekends.)
When to Apply
Marriage licenses may be used immediately upon purchase, but must be used within 30 days from the date of purchase at which time the license expires. Refunds and extensions cannot be granted.
- A license issued in Salt Lake County may be used in any county in the State of Utah.
- Identification and proof of age is required of all persons.
- If a divorce has been granted within the last 30 days, you need to provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.
- For information on a divorce filed in the State of Utah, call the Third District Court, Divorce Division (801) 238-7480.
Getting Married at the Clerk's Office
The Clerk's Office also performs in-office marriage ceremonies
- By appointment only: (385) 468-7300
- $50.00 fee
- Two witnesses over the age of 18 are required for all ceremonies.
- We accept cash, check, money order, MasterCard, AMEX, or Visa.
- Call (385) 468-7300 to make an appointment.