Housing - Milestone Transitional Living Program
Ending the cycle of homelessness and dependency by helping young adults become self-sufficient
Milestone expansion video
Our mission is to provide services for young adults 18-21 who are homeless. Our goals are to provide them with safe housing; to stabilize employment, build skills, to connect them with ongoing resources and support within the community; to help them become self-sufficient so that they can start their lives and break the cycle of homelessness and dependency.
Our program offers referral services for housing assistance, supporting community connections, life skill workshops, job training skills and connections to higher education.
The Milestone program is a substance free environment. Alcohol, tobacco, smoking (including e-cigarettes) are not allowed on the premises. Illegal drugs are prohibited. All participants in the Milestone Transitional Living Program are subject to random drug testing.
Participants are expected to meet monthly goals outlined in Milestone Agreements.
To be successful participants need to:
- Complete “Milestones” by participating in activities and accomplishing goals
- Participate in Milestone activities and stay in contact with their mentor
- Demonstrate that they can pay program fees (program fees start at $200 a month for the first three months and fees will continue to increase by $50 every three months.
- Follow the non-negotiable terms (no drugs or alcohol, no violence, no weapons or explosives, no pets, no overnight guests, no criminal activity, no violating the policies and agreements).
- Follow the Respect Code and honor it. There will be consequences for not treating each other with respect, resolving disputes, and taking care of the day-to-day business of living with roommates.
- Be responsible for their personal care, money management, safety, and cooperation with each other and your community supporters.
- Become independent: get the skills, positive friendships, and income they will need to live on their own.
Funds paid for program fees will be saved for participant’s time of transition from the program. Any funds left in this savings plan will be paid to help with their moving on to independence.
Download and submit the Milestone Referral Application to apply.
If you have questions you can submit an E-mail using the form below
or call a Milestone Staff member.
• Kevin Rushworth - 801-518-0292
There was an error in your form submission. Please make sure there are no URLs in the form and try again