Text: - | Translate
Visit a Prisoner
Beginning March 1, 2022, visits will be available on a walk-in basis at both Metro and Oxbow. Pre-scheduling will no longer be required.
- Each prisoner (not on disciplinary restriction or in medical quarantine) will be allowed one (1) personal visit per week and one (1) clergy visit per week.
- Whether visiting at the Metro Jail or Oxbow Jail, only two (2) visitors will be allowed to attend. Infants under one year of age will not count towards the two visitors.
- All visitors must be present and checked in with visiting at least thirty (30) minutes prior to the visit start time, but will not be allowed into the visiting lobby more than forty-five (45) minutes prior to the visit start time. Visitors arriving after the visiting cutoff will not be allowed to visit.
- Every visitor 16 years of age or older must have a government-issued ID (Driver’s License, State ID, Passport, or Consulate Card.) School ID’s will not be accepted as valid identification.
- Visiting hours are from 9 AM – 9 PM. Each visit lasts thirty minutes. No visiting is permitted during meal times from 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM and 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM. To allow for thorough sanitization of visiting areas, visits will be scheduled only at the top of each hour. If Jail staff calls for visitors to leave before the scheduled end of the visit, please leave the visiting area immediately.
- Prisoner workers (kitchen, server, etc.) will not be allowed visits during their scheduled work hours. The prisoner is responsible for notifying visitors of housing location changes or work assignments.
- There will be times when a prisoner is unavailable or refuses a visit. Visits may also be delayed or canceled due to incidents in the Jail, or due to visiting capacity limits.
- All prisoners will be required to wear their masks if they are housed in an Orientation and Observation unit. Visitor masks are optional, but strongly encouraged.
- Any visitor exhibiting flu-like symptoms is asked to refrain from visiting. All visitors are asked to maintain a minimum of six (6) feet distance from others at all times.
ADC Visiting Schedule
Oxbow Visiting Schedule