Adult Swim Group
Days and Times:
5:30 AM - 7:00 AM
Indoor Lap Pool
Are you interested in a different type of cardio workout than running, walking, jogging or biking? Are you wanting to get in to better shape as a beginner swimmer, or train for a triathlon as an advanced swimmer? Have you always wanted to try swimming, but aren't quite sure how to start? Look no further - our "Adult Swim Group" at Draper Recreation Center is the perfect match!
- Please see group practice days/times listed above or click on the "Program Info" link (listed above) for more details regarding the practice schedule.
- Reservations are required to participate. To make a reservation, please visit our "Reservation Portal" by visiting our home page (slco.org/draper-rec/).
- If you aren't able to attend these group practices on the scheduled days/times, feel free to come at a time that is convenient for you and follow our workouts! Workouts are posted to this page (listed above) and are labeled "Schedules" as a link. There are three (3) different swim sets posted for both a 1,500 yard/meter workout plan, and a 2,500+ yard/meter workout plan. You are welcome to print these workouts and bring them to the pool for a "Do It Yourself" workout. These workouts are created by our "Adult Swim Group" coach, Rob Bruendl, and alternate each week.
- If you will be participating in a "Do It Yourself" workout, please note that lap swimming reservations are required. To make a lap swimming reservation, please visit our "Reservation Portal" by visiting our home page (slco.org/draper-rec/).
- Lap swimming reservations are thirty (30) minutes long, with the option to make up to three (3) reservations per day. If you are able to complete the "Do It Yourself" workout within your reservation block, great! If not, no worries; your endurance will increase over time. If you are not able to complete the workout within your reservation block, please wrap up at the end of the reservation block so other patrons can begin their reservation on time.
- The "Adult Swim Group" practices are only for participants who are over 18 years old. However, these workouts can be beneficial for younger patrons as well. Younger patrons can participate in the "Do It Yourself" workouts by making a lap swimming reservation. Participants must be at least 14 years old or older to make a lap lane reservation. Participants under 14 years old must be supervised by an adult, either from the pool deck or from a lane next to the participant under 14 years old.
- Lap lanes are designated for swimming and may not be used for lounging or playing.
- Starting blocks may only be used during set practice days/times. They may not be used if you are doing the "Do It Yourself" workouts during a lap swimming reservation.
- Equipment such as kickboards, pull buoys, fins, etc. may be used if approved by the lifeguard supervisor on duty.
- Please consult the rules/directions posted in the pool area or ask the lifeguard supervisor for assistance.
- Swimmers must obey instructions of lifeguards and other staff at all times.
- For the "Do It Yourself" workout option, keep in mind that the lifeguard supervisor reserves the right to rearrange lanes and swimmers based on availability, programming and staff trainings.
- Please inquire with pool staff for assistance utilizing our pool lifts, pool wheelchairs or for other required reasonable accommodations.
Fee waived for pass holders