- Bingham Canyon Maps, 1900; 1914; 1923; 1926; 1953; undated
- Business Affidavits, 1919-1962
These files document unincorporated businesses operating as sole proprietors/general partnerships, also known as Doing Business As (DBAs).
- Cemetery Records
- Declaration of Intent (Citizenship), 1858-1872
This series contains statements of individuals’ intentions to become United States citizens.
- Fire Department, 1921-2003
- Flood Control Project Records, 1972-1982 (Bulk 1972-1981) (67 KB PDF)
These files were created when property owners proposed a change to their property which also involves a change in the drainage system. The files contain detailed flood control requirements for each property, including applications, building sign-offs, calculations for run off determination, and plot plans. Those reels labeled alphanumerically (ex: F-121) contain records which include administrative correspondence, master plans, and project agreements between cities.
- Foreign Incorporations, 1891-1961
Foreign incorporations include businesses not organized under the current laws of Utah. Before doing any business within this state, corporations must file with the county clerk of the county in which the principal local place of business will be situated.
- General Ledgers, 1859-1890
- Hansen Planetarium
- Hospital, County (County General Hospital)
- Incorporation Case Files, 1869-1961
- Inquest Register, March 3, 1898 - November 1, 1902
- Justice of the Peace Records, 1871-1956
- Mining Records, 1870- 1975
- Newspapers, 1852-2015
- Railroad Right-of-Way Maps, 1907-1927
- Real Estate Administration Files (including water rights), 1970-1980
- Salt Lake City-County Board of Health Minutes, 1969-2000
- Salt Palace, 1910-1993
- Salt Lake County Maps, 1854-1972
- Taxpayer's List of Automobiles, 1926-1932
- Zoning Records, 1852-2008 (bulk 1950-1985)
- List of records without descriptions
Please call the Archives for information about other records that are available for research.