Salt Lake County plans are subject to IRS regulations. Because of this, you need an IRS Qualifying Event to make changes to your plan outside Open Enrollment.
You have 31 days, including the date of the event, to make the change in PeopleSoft and send your information to the Benefits Team. Documents should be sent to the benefits team at email@example.com or faxed to 385-468-0573. The original not necessary.
After the change has been approved by HR, log into PeopleSoftto make the change online. Please review these instructions.
Changes to your Savings Plan Options must be made through theUtah Retirement Systems website
Once the change is made through URS, the County receives information and will make changes to your paycheck, which may take up to three weeks.
Changes to your life insurance or life insurance beneficiary should be made directly through PEHP at www.pehp.org. Unlike other employee benefits, life insurance changes can be made anytime during the year.
It may take up to three weeks for you to see the premium or coverage change on your paycheck, and PEHP keeps your beneficiary information on file.
The quickest and easiest way to resolve issues is to contact the benefit administrator directly. If you still have questions or issues, please get in touch with the Benefits Team.
PEHP - 801-366-7555SelectHealth - 801-442-5038
Cigna DPPO Dental - 801-244-6224
ASI Flex Spending - 800-659-3035
Your HSA is a self-managed account, and you're responsible to monitor contributions and confirm you have not contributed over the IRS maximum.
Optum will become the HSA administrator beginning April 1, 2017.
You may make changes to your H S A election any time by contacting the Benefits Team at firstname.lastname@example.org . Changes to your paycheck must be made in writing. Please include your EIN and the amount you'd like taken out for your HSA contribution.
Salt Lake County is committed to your privacy, and will not disclose information about your benefits or paycheck to anyone but you. If your spouse contacts us to discuss coverage or your HSA, we're unable to respond.
IRS Form 1095-C contains information you may need for line 61 of your tax return, however it is not needed to file your taxes. Electronic copies are not available for the 2017 reporting year and will be available the last week in February, 2018 through your division.
Opt-in for an electronic copy by:
in to PeopleSoft (HCM)
Menu > Self Service > Benefits >
the box indicating your consent to receive electronic forms and click Submit.
You will be asked to enter your password again, to verify your identity.
IRS Form 1095-C Q&A
Flex Spending programs are regulated by the IRS, and the plan is administered according to IRS regulations in section 125 of the tax code (Can't sleep? Click here). Please remember, using your FSA Benefits card provides access to your funds, and does not mean your claim was qualified or has been processed. In many cases, you will be asked to provide proof of your expense to AxisPlus or ASI Flex. Here are a few pointers to make using the card easier:
1. Make sure your provider charges the correct amount. ASI Flex cannot auto-approve an amount that isn't consistent with County benefit plan. For example, if you have a Dr. visit and don't pay your copay, but pay two copay's at your next visit, you'll need to send in an Explanation of Benefits (EOB) or itemized bill to prove that charge.
2. You must always send in an EOB or itemized bill for dental procedures. Make sure when you send in your proof of charge that you send the information AxisPlus and/or ASI Flex needs. Sometimes the charges are on one side of the bill and the procedure on another. They are looking for
3. Submitting an EOB with your claim form is the easiest way to substantiate your charges. You can find EOB's by logging into your account through
4. If AxisPlus or ASI Flex notifies you that you need to send in proof for a charge, do so immediately. You can fax, email or mail a copy of your EOB or itemized bill. You have up to 42 days to provide documentation, but after that your card may be suspended until documentation is received. Visit MyAxisPlusor ASIFLEX for details.
AxisPlus will manage rollover funds until March 1, 2018. If you have FSA rollover funds, remember your AxisPlus card will be turned off January 1, so submit a manual claim form and Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
5. If you leave the County (retirement or termination), access to your Flex terminates on your last day at the County. You have 30 days to submit receipts for charges prior to your termination date and don't have access to your funds unless you elect COBRA coverage. If your receipt isn't received within 30 days, funds are ineligible for reimbursement.
6. You can submit an annual claim form for all of your daycare expenses by completing and submitting this form to ASIFlex.
You can invest your Optum HSA funds after your account balance reaches $2,000. Optum offers
Review Investing Your H S A as well as the H S A Investment Guide to review your investing options, maximize your H S A funds, and plan for your future.
If you have dependents under age 13 and spend money on daycare, after school programs, or other child care, electing ASIFlex Dependent Daycare could save you money. You can submit an annual claim form for daycare expenses.
Direct Deposit for FSA reimbursements and Dependent Daycare is a quick and easy way to automatically get your funds once your claim has been approved.
You can submit your annual Dependent Daycare costs to Axis until December 31, 2017.
ASIFlex administers county Flex Spending plans beginning January 1, 2018.
The IRS requires that you pay back funds that were spent on non-qualified expenses or expenses without documentation. Please send requested documentation to AxisPlus as soon as possible to ensure your claims are processed. No documentation will be accepted after March 1, 2018.
County orthodontia benefits are "lifetime" benefits, so your maximum with Cigna will be deducted from what EMI (or another provider) has paid on your behalf.
Orthodontia coverage it is
not a guarantee of payment. The total case fee is divided by 4. The first quarter is the down payment and the remaining 75% is divided
by the months in treatment the office supplies. That monthly payment is
made automatically quarterly until the months in treatment have been met, the
braces are removed or the lifetime maximum has been reached, whichever comes
You or your orthodontist should provide a copy of your treatment plan to Cigna Dental to get appropriate credits and payments.
Claim Address: Cigna Dental DPPO PO Box 188037 Chattanooga TN 37455
County offers 1 dental plan: Cigna PPO
Salt Lake County's Cigna dental plan group number is 3341161
You will not get a dental card, but can verify coverage by calling 800-244-6224.
Your benefit is determined by which kind of provider you see. If you see a Cigna Advantage provider, you'll get the most benefit and pay the lowest cost. County pays more of the cost because Advantage providers have agreed to write off more of the bill.
If you see any other Cigna provider, you pay more of the bill and have a lower annual maximum benefit.
If you go to a provider that either doesn't contract with Cigna or doesn't take any insurance, you have a reduced benefit and a lower annual maximum benefit. The big cost you incur by going to a dentist that doesn't accept Cigna is "balance billing". Balance billing is where you pay the balance left on the bill after the county plan pays what it does for a contracted dentist.
If you have a name change, contact the HR Data Entry team with a copy of your divorce or marriage certificate and your new Social Security card.
Once the change has been made in PeopleSoft, benefits vendors will get your updated information.