Planning and Development
The Planning and Development Services Division is responsible for:
- Facilitating orderly urban growth within the County.
- Encouraging development of well-designed communities with a full range of land use, housing types and densities, efficient transportation systems, open space and recreation opportunities that enhance the community, while preserving sensitive natural areas.
- Assuring an appropriate balance between protecting property rights and property values and the quality of life.
- Assuring that structures and impairments are constructed in accordance with ordinances, adopted standards, and approved plans.
- Licensing business activities in compliance with applicable health, fire, building and public safety standards.
Listing of approved business licenses.
Asbestos Sample Certified Companies and Abatement Contractors.
Fees for beer and liquor licenses.
This guide is provided to help new or existing establishments obtain and maintain a business license for beer and liquor in the unincorporated areas of...
Exemptions from permit requirements of this code shall not be deemed to grant authorization for any work to be done in any manner in...
Fees for Plumbing, Electrical and Mechanical sub-permit inspections.
Common terms used in the permitting process.
Some permits are very simple to obtain. Others involve some difficult processes that may seem daunting. This is a summary of the various types of...
Requirements for obtaining a building permit for a new home.
Listing of fees for business licenses.
A guide to obtaining and maintaining a business license in the unincorporated areas of Salt Lake County.
Submit an enforcement request or zoning complaint online. Follow up on an ongoing violation.
General guidelines for commercial uses and construction recommendations.
Search for business licenses current for this year.
A business license for any facility that serves or prepares food must be reviewed and approved by: Zoning, Business Licensing, Fire, Health...
A Comprehensive plan, sometimes called a general plan, is the long-range plan for the physical development of a city or county. For each area...
Home Day Care/Preschool is defined as the keeping for care and/or preschool instruction of twelve or less children including the caregiver's own...
Business License-Home Occupation (188 KB pdf)
Operating a business from a home requires zoning approval for a Home Business.
Requirements for a Business License.
Renewing a business license online is a service that is no longer available.
Listing of Salt Lake County Ordinances.
With a change in state law public meeting agendas are now found at Utah Public Meeting Notice.
Salt Lake County provides business license, building permits, and code enforcement only to the unincorporated areas of the County. To...
Information on Land Use Approval process, subdivision regulations, fees, community land use plans, rezoning information and sign permits.
The zoning information illustrated on these maps is for general planning and land use purposes only. Verification of current zoning is recommended...